RSS Feed

Flag Debate

February 6, 2013 by mmurnane   

8 Comments »

1. Tilly says:

Hi everyone!
    I can see both sides of this argument.
    I can see how some people would like to change it.On one side of the argument I can see that the flag should be changed to represent Australia more and also represent the Aboriginals. The Aboriginals were the first people in Australia, so they should get a spot on the flag. As they said in the video, the design for the new flag with an Aboriginal boomerang and Aboriginal symbol, but with the sothern cross still bared is very good because it has a bit of the old flag and also something to do with Aboriginals.

On the other hand, I can also see that the flag shouldn’t b changed because it has Australian history behind it. It also shouldn’t be changed because it is very special to lots of people such as: people whos relitives have past awy in wars that were fought under that flag. The soldures in the army did and still do where that flag on there uniforms. It si also special to people who sollute Australia greatly and have been in Australia their whole life.

As you can see there realy are to sides to every thing.
    I hope this helped you to pick a side.

2. Leah says:

Hi 5/6,

I think Australia should change the flag because it does not show the history of Australia. The flag on the video looked better I think because it showed Australia and the Aborigines. I also think we should change the Australian flag because I think many countries have got the union jack.

BY LEAH!!!

3. Jemima says:

I really can’t decide on this argument because I can definitely see both sides to the argument. I think we should change it because the aboriginals were the first Australians yet they’re not a part of the flag. I also think we shouldn’t because it is a part of our history and it was on all the soldiers’ outfits that went to the war so I can’t decide.
    Jemima

4. meg says:

hey everyone!
    im not really sure on this one but i must say that i think australia should keep there flag. i know that the arboriginales where the first people in australia but i think the australian flag looks fne with a union jack on it. captain cook is from england and he came to australia and also the queen in englnd is our queen to so yeah thats my point but i do understand how some people feel. 😀 meg!!!!!

5. ameliamc says:

I think that both sides of the argument are correct. Firstly Captain Cook discoverd Australia so the Union Jack should definitely be on it. But I think the Aboriginals flag should be a part of it as they were the first people living in Australia. So overall I think that the Australian flag should be a combination of both the Union Jack and the Aboriginal flag.

6. JessieB says:

Hi everyone,I agree and disagree
    I disagree army people who fort for our county with that alway next to them

7. JessieB says:

Hi everyone,
    I disagree to the flag should be changed.
    I disagree because the soldiers fought for our country with the flag always
    looking over them and if we did get a new Australian flag it would cost money
    for Australian people in there taxes.
    If we change the Australian flag the solders would have to get new uniforms.
    I hope we don’t get a new Australian flag because I like the one we
    have and lots of other people should to.
    Jessie

8. evie says:

Hi everyone
    I disagree that we should change the australia flag.
    I don’t think we should change the flag because it would cost a lot of money and solders
    fought with the flag.
    It is part of australia’s history and some other country would of found australia anyway.
    People will get confused because it will be different flag and I like australia flag.
    Evie