RSS Feed

Parent lead workshop fun

June 27, 2013 by mmurnane   

Parent lead workshops on PhotoPeach

Tae Kwon Do fun

A huge thank you goes to the parents who this afternoon, conducted some fabulous workshops for the students in years 5 and 6. The students were all motivated, engaged and highly excited to have been taking part in this huge range of workshops.
The following workshops were on offer for our 5/6 students.
• Anne Africa (Liam and Jarrod’s mum) – cooking some delicious slices
• Julie Fitzpatrick (Liam’s mum) – introduction to watercolours
• Anthea Reid (Remony’s mum) – pilates
• Peter Marshall (Will’s dad) – photography
• Trevor Ward (Ella H’s dad) – skateboarding
• Bernie Hellard (Meg’s mum) – scrapbooking
• Chris White (Indi’s mum), Felicity Jones (Zoe’s mum), Melissa McKeegan (Ava’s mum) and Sheree Gross (Mia and Olivia’s mum) – tie dying hoodies
• Tae Kwon Do – Mr Dando
• Netball – Ms Larkin
It was so nice to see such a variety of different and fun activities, taking place in and around our learning centre and of course, a fabulous experience for us all, to have some of our parents, leading the workshops. From the bottom of our very grateful hearts – thank you, thank you, thank you.

5 Comments »

1. Bernie says:

It was a pleasure ! The kids were fantastic – a credit to the school and their families !

2. Anne (Liam and Jarrod's Mum) says:

I really enjoyed it too. Terrific enthusiasm from the kids. A great initiative and I hope it continues.

3. Margi Murnane says:

Thanks so much Bernie and Anne – the feedback today from the kids, was extraordinary. They really enjoyed it and all kids voted unanimously, for us to run a similar day, later in the year. I think Mr Dando hunted down a child who had a piece of one of the slices they made yesterday Anne – and claimed it for himself! I really appreciated the way all the parents fitted the rest of their day, around providing these workshops for the kids. Thanks again girls.

4. Julie Fitzpatrick says:

I had a ball too.
    What a great idea!

5. Margi Murnane says:

Thanks so much Julie – I wish I could have sat down and done your workshop. You are a very talented artist. Thanks heaps.