RSS Feed

Are there two sides to every story?

Week 6-8

Choose an ancient civilisation from the past and learn their history. Use your Essential Question from the previous investigation to see if there are similarities and or differences. Draw a map of where the ancient civilisation was located.

Use the following understanding to guide you:

• Describe perspectives and identify ideas, beliefs and values of people and groups in the past.

Mworld App on the school Ipads have information on early civilisations such as Ancient Greece, Early Australians, Angkor, Early China and Rome. Use the Mcode and passwords below to use the app.

Screenshot 2016-07-26 14.26.09

Below is a list of some Ancient Civilisations from our world.Screenshot 2016-07-26 14.26.25

Was Australia invaded or settled?

Australian History

Investigate & Understand

Describe perspectives and identify ideas, beliefs and values of people and groups in the past.

Identify and describe patterns of continuity and change in daily life for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, ‘native born’ and migrants in the Australian colonies.

Explain the causes of significant events that shaped the Australian colonies, contributed to Australian Federation and the effects of these on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and migrants.

The nature of convict or colonial presence, including the factors that influenced changing patterns of development, how the environment changed, and aspects of the daily life of the inhabitants, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.

The different experiences and perspectives of Australian democracy and citizenship, including the status and rights of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, migrants, women, and children.

Guiding questions for the next two weeks

Week 2- What is my essential question? What are my secondary questions?

What information have I discovered? What resources have I used? How have I recorded my findings? (e.g- Google docs, Google Slides, Video, Voice recordings, Comic sketches)

Week 3- What is my thinking? Has my thinking changed? How or if? How have I recorded my findings? (e.g- Google docs, Google Slides, Video, Voice recordings, Comic sketches)

white settlement

Indigenous Australian info

Aborigines and white settlers

European settlement

first Australians

AUSTRALIA: Colonisation to Federation (1788-1901)

Impact on Colonisation

Before and after British invasion/settlement in Australia

Council renames colonisation as ‘invasion’

Moving Australia Day

First Fleet

Songs

Thou shall not steal

I Am Australian

Beds are Burning