RSS Feed

Sports

Cross Country Running Club

Cross country is fast approaching and I have been getting some great feedback about how well you have all been going in practising in P.E! If you would like to train for the cross country I will be running 2 sessions a week to practise. These will be on a Tuesday morning at 8:30 am before school and Thursday lunchtime as soon as the bell goes at 1:25 pm. Please let me know if you would like to join, all you need is your runners and a drink bottle. We will meet at the sports shed, starting next Tuesday the 18th of February.

Hope to see lots of you there!

Miss Nitschke

St Therese Year 6 Leaders
SPORTS LEADER

Number of positions: 8 (2 per house)
Duration of job: 12 months

Job Description:
As a Sports Leader you will be a valued member of the Student Representative Council (SRC). It will be expected that you will attend regular fortnightly SRC meetings either during a morning tea or lunch break with Mr Gibbons and Mrs Rayson. You will be provided with a badge so that others in the school are aware that you are a member of the SRC.
You will work alongside Mr Dando and Mrs Larkin and you have a group of Year 6 students that will work alongside you and help with tasks, organisation, etc.
Duties:
• Help keep the sports shed neat and tidy.
• Locate and look after sports equipment.
• Organise and run Sport Carnivals / Tabloid Sports with other Year levels.
• Be actively involved with Interschool Sports.
• Organise, run and umpire games at lunch times.
• Assist Mr McCarthy in the lead up and on the day of the Athletics Carnival.
• Take an active role with your House Team at the Athletics Carnival, supporting younger students and encouraging those around you.
• Promote yourselves at assemblies.
• Regularly update the “Sports” page on the 5/6 Blog.
• Help with newsletter updates.
• Help Mrs Sertic-Medson with P.E as the need arises.
• Offer assistance to Mrs Sertic-Medson on Thursday and Friday mornings to set-up for P.E.

If you are interested in the above role and believe you would be the best person for the job you will need to write a written application and prepare a presentation to your fellow Year 6 students. In your application and presentation you will need to give examples and explain why you are the best person for the job and why you should be selected over other applicants.

Application closing date: Monday 20th February
Presentation date: Friday 24th February

4 Comments »

1. Lauzie says:

I can’t wait till tomorrow plus do 5s get to help the 6s with team sports day

2. tania says:

Congratulations to all that participated in the T ball competition today. Well done to all. Tania Huxatble

3. Tom p says:

I can’t wait till the end of this year cause i want to run for blue sports leader

4. Kiara Gabell says:

Hey do u member me